Real Estate Broker, Licensed in the State of Oregon
Visit Sheila on her broker webpage to view listings.
Recently Sold Listings | Sheila Balyeat
19545 BUCK CANYON ROAD – BEND
SOLD AT $1,375,000
4,495 SQ FT | 5 BEDS | 4 BATHS
Voted 2014 Best New Home of the Year. 5 minutes the famous Old Mill District enjoy the privacy of 2.5 manicured acres. 5 bed 3 full + 2 half bath estate approx 4,650sf has separate shop 14′ garage doors to store your RV, Boat, or other. Master suite is on the main w/spacious closet, stone fireplace, and an envious master bath. Upstairs 4 bedrooms w/walk in closets and bonus with a wet bar! Backyard features firepit, horseshoes, and room for everyone to enjoy. Must see this one of a kind home!
MORE SOLD LISTINGS
HOUSING STATE OF THE UNION
Ahead of the presidential State of the Union Address, The National Association of Realtors released its own Housing State of the Union Report. >> READ MORE
BEND SEES MORE SIGNS OF GROWING ECONOMY IN 2018
Last year brought a big increase in the number of new Bend business licenses, and now 2018 is starting off even stronger, according to a law firm that tracks those statistics. >> READ MORE
HIGH-END OREGON WINES ENJOY BOOM
The definition of “wine country” keeps expanding. Consumer visits to wineries increased last year in New York, Virginia and Oregon, but decreased from 2016 levels in Washington state and Napa and Sonoma counties in California. >> READ MORE
Where Have We Been – Where Are We Going?
2018 is off to a solid start for home buyers and sellers. Inventory is low and buyers are out in full force. Well priced and desirable properties are in high demand with many receiving multiple offers.
According to statistics issued by the Central Oregon Association of Realtors, the median sale price of single-family homes in the Bend area was $410,000 in January, up from $395,000 in December and up 10.5 percent from $371,000 in January 2017. More homes were sold in January after spending less time on the market than a year ago. A total of 142 homes were sold for the month compared with 130 a year ago. Homes in Bend spent an average of 110 days on the market, compared with 132 days last year. And February is looking to be just as strong.
But interest rates are rising… doesn’t that affect affordability and keep prices down? Not necessarily. According to Dr. Paul Bishop, VP of Research for the National Association of Realtors and keynote speaker at the 2018 Real Estate Forecast Breakfast, “Prices will continue to rise due to tight inventory and solid demand for homes.” He does not foresee any relief for the inventory shortage – home building is up, but there is a big shortfall to overcome.
No one has a crystal ball, but currently all economic indicators point to another strong year in real estate for 2018.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home, now is the time to prepare. Feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help!
5 Qualities of a Professional Real Estate Broker
Are you looking to buy or sell a home in Bend, Oregon? If you don’t already have a real estate broker, you are probably looking for one. But how do you know what qualities are important in a broker? Who do you choose to represent you? Who will represent your best interests in a real estate transaction?
There are so many real estate agents to choose from, as well as companies. It can be daunting to make a decision. Sheila Balyeat, Broker at Cascade Sotheby’s International Realty, recommends that you look for the following five qualities when you choose your next real estate broker:
- 1. Professional. A professional real estate agent should be committed to providing you with excellent service. Whether that means having the expertise to answer any questions or being available at 3:00 am to submit a competing offer. Being a realtor is a full-time career. It takes at least five years in the business to fully understand the complexities that can pop up in any transaction. Your real estate agent should be comfortable tackling any challenge. Your broker should work for you.
- 2. Knowledgable. Your broker should understand your local real estate market, market trends, current inventory, etc. Your agent should have a deep understanding of the local schools and services available in the community. A knowledgeable real estate agent will be able to show you what local hot spots and attractions attract people to the community.
- 3. Skillful. This goes without saying: Does your real estate agent understand financing options? Is that person able to safeguard your financial interests? A great broker will be an excellent negotiator and listener so they can communicate with all parties on your behalf. Your realtor should be able to understand your needs and wants and find the right fit for you. That means being flexible, adaptable and available 24/7/365 to make important decisions on your behalf.
- 4. Performer. Any good real estate agent will have experience in the business. They will have a track record of success. When you look at their portfolio, they will have a history that demonstrates production and client satisfaction.
- 5. Chemistry. By chemistry, you and your agent should be compatible. You should feel like you can trust your agent and their expertise. If you don’t feel comfortable or confident in your broker, you know it’s time to find someone who you can trust.
Find a broker with these qualities and you can be fairly certain that you are in good hands. Buying or selling a home is one of the most important transactions that you’ll ever make in your life. You want to be sure that you are working with a competent and confident person who has your best interests at heart.
About Sheila Balyeat
Sheila Balyeat is a real estate broker in Bend, Oregon. She’s lived and raised her children in Central Oregon since 1995. She has not only watched the growth over the years, she has been on the front lines during the economic ups and downs of the Bend real estate market. In real estate since 2003, she’s been consistently a top-producing agent. This year, Sheila was awarded the Gold Award from Cascade Sotheby’s International Realty for top production. As a former CPA, Sheila has built a solid foundation for understanding and facilitating all aspects of a real estate transaction.
Most importantly, Sheila’s clients are satisfied clients. She has the personality that attracts buyers and the chemistry to work with sellers. Contact Sheila for additional information. She is happy to meet with you. She is committed to selling your home at the best possible price and in the shortest timeframe. If you plan to purchase a home, she is committed to finding the home that fits your personality and your lifestyle.
Request more information by submitting the form below: