Cascade Sotheby’s International Realty agents/brokers are involved with several different charities. From boot and sock drives to canned food to warm clothes for veterans, our “Team Blue” family likes to give back!
Our Oregon Coast Brokers continued to give back this holiday by sponsoring local food drives. Offices in Gearhart, Cannon Beach, Lincoln City and Manzanita opened their doors and held festive open houses to gather contributions for the Oregon Food Bank and local food pantries such as the North County Food Bank whose primary purpose is to provide food assistance to people in need from Twin Rocks to the Clatsop County line.
Much fun was had by all as visitors enjoyed refreshments and donated while viewing unique and special property listings from around the world.
Our brokers in the Portland Metro area have contributed to several different charities, including the following:
• Chelsea’s Closet: Donated money for their “Rolling Closet of Costumes for Terminally ill children”.
• Friends of Trees: Planted trees at the Tualatin River Greenway Trail
• Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: The world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer.
• Oregon Food Bank: Collected food donations and also helped sort and package frozen foods at the on site location.
• Make A Wish: Raised money and participated in Walk for wishes
• Meals on Wheels: Has provided a nutritional and social lifeline for seniors through 34 meal sites in the greater Portland Area
• Together We Rise: Collected donations and filled 15 duffle bags with personal hygiene, toiletries, water bottles, and school supplies for foster care children.
Additionally, our Lake Oswego office is contributing to the Moms Club GIVING TREE. This year all toy donations go to the Women’s Shelter in Wilsonville.
Our main office in Bend has several different ways to give back this season including:
• Bend Boot Challenge: Because warm feet are happy feet! Step up to the challenge and let’s make sure all Central Oregon kids have happy feet this winter.
• Bend Food Project: A sustainable process to collect donated food and deliver to food pantries in the City of Bend Oregon.
• Finance of America Sock Drive: Bring a new pair of socks to help local families in need.
• Heart of Oregon: Empowering a generation of young people to believe in themselves and achieve self-sufficiency.
• Operation Warm a Veteran: A community partnership serving Central Oregon Veterans Outreach and Homeless Veterans.
• Rotary’s Polio Plus: In 1985, Rotary launched its PolioPlus program, the first initiative to tackle global polio eradication through the mass vaccination of children.
• Sisters Kiwanis Club: An organization for men and women who want to improve their communities through participation in service projects of LOCAL, national and international importance
• Youth Build: Unleashing the intelligence and positive energy of low-income young people to rebuild their communities and their lives.
The Ladd Group gives back to the following:
• DESCHUTES LAND TRUST: Conserving land for wildlife, scenic views and communities.
• BETHLEHEM INN: A community-supported emergency shelter that provides a warm, safe place to sleep, nourishing meals, and case management services for adults and children experiencing homelessness in Central Oregon.
• DESCHUTES RIVER CONSERVANCY: Restoring Streamflow and and improving water quality in the Deschutes basin.
• SPARROW CLUBS: Sparrow Clubs not only provides financial and emotional support for children and their families in medical need, but also empowers kids (elementary to college age) to help others through charitable service in their communities.
• HEALTHY BEGINNINGS: Healthy Beginnings believes that all children should enter kindergarten healthy and prepared to learn. Our work fosters healthy, nurtured children, families and communities by bringing accessible physical, developmental and behavioral screenings to children from birth through age five.
• STREET DOG HERO: Our Mission is to help street dogs around the world. Street dogs are taken into rescue all around the world, treated and prepared for adoption into loving homes in the Pacific Northwest.